Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Paradoxical Jesus!

Feeding trough, manger.
Jesus – His conception and arrival, while poor, dirty and controversial, was also miraculous, amazing and glorious.  I finally carved out some hours to really sit down and celebrate with Him and give Him my gift.  And, well, the more the merrier - so I invite you to share in a little of what I shared with Jesus too!

Jesus, I really appreciate your contrasts. You are paradoxical! The way you are all at once simple and complex.  You’re approachable – yet, completely other! Human and God. You’re dirt crusted and glory ridden.  Humility couched in perfection.  Blood covered healing.  Death pouring life!  You are letter and fulfillment of the law.  You’re comforting and unnerving.  You are the best friend I will ever know and the “fall down” awe striking ALMIGHTY GOD! You are naturally supernatural, unremarkably remarkable. You’re infinite and impervious in innocuously vulnerable wrapping paper.  You are completely trustworthy and anything but safe.  You make failure fail proof. You are goodness that throws me down on my face in grateful thankfulness.  I have not scratched the surface of you and it is my greatest joy and pleasure to spend eternity treasure finding the riches of who you are! I love you.

There is so much God is revealing in this time, it is the most wonderful time in all of history to live.  Life in Jesus, He himself is the most beautiful and wonderful – enjoying Him is an astonishing way of life.  It’s the opportunity to see Him everywhere in this world and love with His love and touch with His life.  Oh, I certainly have not arrived, but am ever more excited to practice and grow!  I will never stop! He lived that out so very well in his own walk here and lives it now marvelously in and through us in Him!

Oh, my dear loved ones – I invite you, whether it's the first time or again!  It’s Christmas – know Him! He makes it so easy to love Him. His peace and provision make all of life an adventure to be embraced.  Fear can run, but it can’t hide in His overcoming power and love!  There is much anxiety, trouble, fear, privation, hurt, sickness, evil, horrific circumstance and injustice – all of these things are real in our world, but they are not more real than Jesus.  He is the overcoming goodness reality beyond and in the midst of all these things.  He is life, rest, peace, joy, healing, justice, love, acceptance, comfort, provision and so much more. Welcome Him!  Jesus is born! Let Him be born in you and receive the greatest gift ever given, for you and all the world around you!

Love to you and warmest wishes from Family Long for a Christmas and New Year’s full of God’s presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post